This multi-faceted national program, provides newcomers to Canada with the support, services and training they require to find employment and gain Canadian workplace experience once they settle in Canada. It is also designed to support hoteliers with finding skilled workers as they face increasing labour shortages in the preliminary pilot markets of Ottawa, Greater Toronto Area, Kitchener-Waterloo, Windsor and Kingston.
Including Ontario, the Destination Employment program, funded by the Government of Canada, is being delivered in four other regions including Alberta, Atlantic Canada, Saskatchewan and the Yukon.
- Skills training program designed to help newcomers find employment in the Hospitality Industry.
- 5 Certification Training per client - Food Safety, Service Excellence, Smart Serve, emerit Workplace Essentials, and WHMIS.
- Full time program: Monday to Friday 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- Permanent resident of Canada residing in Canada (with PR card or confirmation of permanent residence letter); Or
- A Protected Person and/or Convention refugee with a valid work permit residing in Canada
Next cohort: March 4th, 2019 to March 29th, 2019
For more information or to ask questions about how to join this program please call Karolina Marciniak, Project Coordinator at 905.454.2316.
For further details on the Destination Employment initiative in Ontario, please visit:
OTEC Destination Employment: https://otec.org/destination-employment.aspx