Employment Connections for Newcomer Youth
This is a FREE four-week skills training program designed to help you find a job in customer service or general labour. Employment Connections for Newcomer Youth supports newcomers between the ages of 16 and 29.
- Skills training program designed to help youth find a job in customer service or general labour
- 5 Certification Training per client
- Food Safety
- Service Excellence and Smart Serve
- Workplace Essentials
- Workplace Harassment
- First Aid, Fall Prevention and WHMIS
- Full time program: Monday to Friday 9.30 AM-3 PM
- Bus tickets and refreshments are provided
The program includes job placement and employment retention support to help you find and keep your job. You will also have access to settlement services by our program partner, Catholic Crosscultural Services.
- Newcomer youth between the ages of 16 and 29
- Status: permanent resident and refugees eligible to work in Canada(convention refugees with valid work permits)
- January 28, 2019 to February 22
Employers that have hired graduates from this program:
- DHL Canada
- Home Depot
- Met Credit
- Denny’s Restaurant
Join the program
To learn more or ask questions about how to join this program, please click here to email Lara Batarseh or call 905-454-2316 for more information.