Engineering Connections: Workplace Essentials for Engineers/ELT
This is a sector-specific language program tailored to internationally-trained engineering professionals. The program supports you to enhance your knowledge of technical terminology and writing skills with a focus on the engineering sector. Participants also learn job search skills that support their entry into the engineering field, commensurate with their skills and education.
The program includes:
- Introduction to the Canadian workplace culture, specifically in the engineering field
- Introduction to the PEO licensing process
- Introduction to engineering Codes and Standards
- Working in engineering teams in the Canadian environment
- Technical report writing, and use of social media for job searching
- Support to enhance grammar and pronunciation
- Resume writing and interview preparation
- Access to mentoring and networking opportunities
- Support with job search and employer connections
Upon completion of the program, you will upgrade your official Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) and receive a certificate of completion. Following the six-week program, you will work one-on-one with an Employment Consultant and Job Developer who will support you in your job search.
To learn more about other streams of Engineering Connections, please click here.
To register for this program, please call 905-361-2522.
This program is funded by the Government of Canada.