Construction Trades Program
This FREE program provides you with skills training and language support to help you get a job in the construction trades. No previous work experience in construction is required to enroll. This program is currently for Syrian newcomers. Arabic-speaking staff will be available throughout the program.
- Hands-on training
- Construction health and safety training (including Working at Heights and WHMIS)
- Construction skills training (including forklift and elevated work platform (EWP))
- Language training for construction
- Canadian workplace culture
- Information on in-demand construction jobs
- How to pursue an apprenticeship
- Help finding and keeping a construction job
- Resources for additional services you may need as a newcomer
At the end of this program, you will receive support to enroll in additional training, register as an apprentice, or find a job in the construction trades.
To learn more about the Construction Trades Program, please click here to email Mahmoud Allouch or call 905.361.2522.