Plan Your Job Search in Canada From Abroad
ACCES Employment provides support to job seekers who have obtained legal status to work in Canada or have been approved to immigrate to Canada.
If you have already been approved to immigrate to Canada, our pre-arrival employment program can help you prepare for your job search while you are still in your country of origin. Please see information below about our Canadian Employment Connections pre-arrival program.
If you are considering moving to Canada and require information about the immigration process, please click here for more information.
About Canadian Employment Connections:
The Canadian Employment Connections (CEC) program is a free pre-arrival employment program that offers virtual services to prepare internationally-trained professionals for the Canadian job market as they prepare to immigrate to Canada.
The program assumes a sector-focused approach, examining in-demand jobs across six Canadian sectors and the skills required to land these roles. There are four main components to the program: job search tools; Canadian business communication training; sector information and trends; and employer connections.
The program brings together ACCES Employment’s expertise and vast network of Canadian employers in the following sectors:
- Financial Services
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Sales and Marketing
- Supply Chain
- Prepare for your job search from your country of residence even before your arrival in Canada
- Build connections with ACCES Employment’s vast network of employers across Canada
- Connect to potential job opportunities across Canada
- Receive employment support regardless of where you plan to land in Canada
- Access to self-directed online learning modules to prepare for the Canadian workplace
- Receive one-to-one coaching from an employment consultant experienced in your sector
You may be eligible for this program if you:
- Have been approved for Canadian permanent residency and are currently living outside of Canada
- Plan to arrive in Canada within the next 1 to 6 months
- Completed post-secondary education and at least 1 year of experience in one of the six sectors listed above
- Are fluent in English
- Are committed to completing an online training module of approximately 40 hours
Canadian Employment Connections is funded by the Government of Canada.