Sales and Marketing Connections
Sales and Marketing Connections is designed to help internationally-trained sales and marketing professionals to succeed in the Canadian labour market. The 5 week program equips participants with training that is current and relevant to Canadian practices. This program builds on participants’ previous sales and marketing expertise by providing an orientation to the sector in Canada. The program features three training components that provide industry preparation for Sales and Marketing professionals: Digital Marketing, Project Management and Business Communication in Canada.
- One-to-one support with an employment consultant experienced with your sector
- Connections to employers who are hiring in your sector
- Access to mentors who are professionals in your field
- Invitations to attend recruitment and networking events
- Academic training from a recognized educational institute
- Experiential learning by completing real-life work projects from companies and businesses
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Digital Marketing training including developing social media strategies and content marketing
- Project Management training highlighting aspects related to Sales and Marketing roles
- Business communication and workplace culture training in a Canadian context
- Orientation to your sector in Canada
- Job search support and preparation
- Coaching and support after you’re hired
Why should you choose an ACCES Employment program?
ACCES Employment programs are highly specialized, offering intensive sector-specific training designed to help new Canadians to find work in their field. Each program is offered in close consultation with leading employers and academic partners and is designed to enhance (and not duplicate) your existing education.
Our first priority is to help you find full-time, permanent employment in your field that reflects your past experience. Over 80 per cent of participants in our programs find employment in their field within one year.
ACCES programs will provide you with Canadian education and affiliate you with a reputable Canadian College or University.
Program Advisory team:
- Desjardins Group
- Zzeem Inc.
Companies that have recently hired from our program:
- Softchoice Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Bell Canada
- Canada Post
- Rogers Communications
- TD Bank
- Group TEC Holding Corporation
- Nett Technologies Inc.
- Can Pharma Group
- Nolte Küchen
- AGAT Laboratories
- Summitt Energy
- Shareablee Inc.
- DNV GL
- H2 Concepts, Inc.
- Otis Canada Inc.
Our graduates have been hired into the following roles:
- e-Commerce Specialist
- Social media Consultant
- Product Manager
- Territory Sale Rep
- Marketing Manager
- Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Director of Sales
- Brand Marketing Specialist
- Account Manager
- Project Manager
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- General Manager
- Sales Manager
- Business Analyst
- Program is designed for all internationally-trained professionals who are newcomers to Canada, ensuring equal treatment of Canadian citizens, permanent residents, convention refugees, refugees and refugee claimants who are eligible to work in Ontario
- Project participants are required to have a post-secondary Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Sales and Marketing or related discipline (Business or Commerce) obtained in another country
- The work experience required for admission into the program is a minimum of 3 years Sales and Marketing experience, or related work experience that features a transferable skill-set obtained outside of Canada
- Participants are also required to demonstrate a strong commitment to building a Canadian career in the Sales and Marketing industry
- A minimum of CLB Level 8 is required for admission into the program.
- Internationally-trained professionals who have completed post-secondary education in Canada, temporary foreign workers, individuals without post-secondary credentials, international students and provincial nominees are not eligible for services funded by the Ontario Bridge Training Program
- The fee for this program is $500. This fee offsets the academic portion of the program and may be eligible for full reimbursement through the Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program.
- All books and materials are included or available on-loan to participants at no additional cost.
- All other costs related to the program and employment services are generously funded by the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada. The fee represents a small proportion (approximately 10 per cent) of the overall cost of the program.
The Sales and Marketing Connections Program is funded by the Government of Ontario and delivered in partnership with the Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning.
To learn more about Sales and Marketing Connections, please click here to email Robert Tortian or call us at 905.361.2522.
Program Delivery Schedule:
Cohort One – April 23, 2018 – May 25, 2018
Cohort Two – July 30, 2018 – August 31, 2018
Cohort Three – November 5, 2018 – December 7, 2018
Cohort Four – January 21, 2019 – February 22, 2019
Program Information Session Schedule:
In order to apply you are required to attend of the program information sessions. All sessions are delivered at ACCES Employment Mississauga on Thursdays 10:00 a.m. on the following dates. Registration is mandatory, please call 905-361-2522 for registration.
- June 21 & 28, 2018
- July 5, 12, 19 & 26, 2018
- September 27, 2018
- October 4, 11, 18 & 25, 2018
- November 1, 2018
- December 13 & 20, 2018
- January 10 & 17, 2019
- March 7, 14, 21 & 28, 2019