ACCES Employment Response to Covid-19
Dear ACCES Community and Partners,
During these uncertain times, there is a particular strength in unity. Each day there are new developments in the global pandemic of COVID-19 and there are new responsibilities for all Canadians. We need to do whatever we can to collectively safeguard the wellbeing of our families, our communities and our most vulnerable. This will only work if we all do our part.
For almost 35 years, our mission at ACCES has been clear. We assist people from diverse backgrounds, people who face barriers to employment, and we help them integrate into the Canadian job market and into Canadian society. We are also here for our employers, connecting them to the talent that they need to run their businesses. We help businesses hire the staff that allow them to step up and contribute, the way many are doing now, during critical times like these.
Right now, ACCES will continue to provide our community with much needed employment services, while at the same time protecting the health of our clients, our front-line employees, and our staff.
Last Friday, ACCES made the difficult decision to close our physical locations until April 5, 2020. However, we have moved to a remote and online service delivery model so that we can continue to provide critical services to our jobseekers and employers. We are using our digital innovation and virtual technology to offer the following to all of you:
- All of our phone lines are open: service, information and connections to counselling services will be communicated through our Virtual Call Centre
- We will be delivering one-to-one employment counselling sessions online via phone and Zoom meetings
- We are offering all of our in-person workshops, employer guest speaking sessions and our “Talk English Café” sessions online with facilitators and presenters, our calendar of events is open for registration: http://accesemployment.ca/online-event-series
- Jobseekers can access a library of job search resources and videos through our e-ACCES content hub: http://e-acces.accesemployment.org/
- We are working with employers to meet their immediate hiring needs and will be announcing online job fairs and hiring events over the next few weeks
We have communicated with our jobseekers, employer partners, corporate donors and sponsors, and our government funders to share these tailored service options during these times.
ACCES is aligned with all Canadians in the struggle to stem the spread of COVID-19 and we are doing our part to care for the health and safety of our clients, our staff and our community while maintaining our commitment to provide quality employment services.
Take good care,
President & CEO, ACCES Employment