Cybersecurity Connections program supports internationally trained IT professionals to secure employment within the growing field of cybersecurity. This 8-week full-time program will provide participants with up-to-date technical skills and training combined with in-depth employment services including job search strategies, mentoring, workplace communication and employer connections. Participants will gain a broad understanding of cybersecurity concepts, Canadian industry best practices for information security and key security concepts to protect individuals and businesses against fraud, data breaches and other vulnerabilities.
- One-to-one support from an employment consultant who is knowledgeable about the sector
- Connections to employers who are hiring in your sector
- Access to mentors who are professionals in your field
- Invitations to attend recruitment and networking events
- Academic training from a recognized educational institute
- Business communication and workplace culture training in a Canadian context
- Orientation to your sector in Canada
- Job search support and preparation
- Coaching and support after you’re hired
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree related to IT, gained outside of Canada (assessed if possible)
- Work experience in IT/Cyber from out of the Country
- A minimum of CLB level 6
- Permanent Residents (PR) or Convention Refugees or Refugee Claimants or naturalized Canadian Citizens
**Must be Commited for 6 weeks online Job Search and Technical Training
- There are no participant fees associated with this program.
- This program will run at ACCES new office in York Region.
Program Delivery Schedule:
- TBD - stay tuned for future program dates
Program Information Session Schedule:
Information sessions dates: TBD
Companies We Have Worked With / Hired From:
- TD Bank
- Cyber Tech & Risk
- CloudGRC Inc
- Scotia Bank
- Freedom Mobile
Cybersecurity Connections is delivered in partnership with TD Bank Group and IBM.
To learn more about Cybersecurity Connections, please click here to email the Program Manager or call us at 905.840.2660.
Don’t sit at home and apply for jobs online. Go out, network and meet people. Join Access and just follow what they teach you. It can take time to get your first job. I got mine after three and a half months. Don’t lose hope and never doubt your abilities. Stay positive.
I would suggest newcomers learn about bridging programs provided by Employment Services providers like ACCES, sooner the better. I took over 2 months to learn about ACCES after landing. I wish I knew about ACCES much before.