The Cybersecurity Connections program helps internationally trained IT professionals find work in their sector in Canada. Participants gain a better understanding of Canadian workplace culture, Cybersecurity concepts, Canadian industry best practices for information security and key security concepts.
- Customized one-to-one job search support Orientation to the Cybersecurity industry in Canada
- Connections to employers and access to mentors who are professionals in your field
- Experiential and hands-on learning
- Post-employment coaching and ongoing support
- Access to online Cybersecurity modules curated by a recognized provider
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree related to IT from outside of Canada with Credential Evaluation
- Work experience in IT or Cybersecurity field outside of Canada
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 6 +
- Newcomer to Canada - Permanent Residents (PR), Convention Refugees, Refugee Claimants or naturalized Canadian Citizens
- There are no participant fees associated with this program.
- This program will run at ACCES new office in York Region.
Program Delivery Schedule:
October 19, 2020 – December 11, 2020
Program Information Session Schedule:
October 15, 2020
Companies We Have Worked With / Hired From:
- TD Bank
- Cyber Tech & Risk
- CloudGRC Inc
- Scotia Bank
- Freedom Mobile
Cybersecurity Connections is delivered in partnership with TD Bank Group and IBM.
To learn more about Cybersecurity Connections, please click here to email the Program Manager or call us at 905.840.2660.
Don’t sit at home and apply for jobs online. Go out, network and meet people. Join Access and just follow what they teach you. It can take time to get your first job. I got mine after three and a half months. Don’t lose hope and never doubt your abilities. Stay positive.
I would suggest newcomers learn about bridging programs provided by Employment Services providers like ACCES, sooner the better. I took over 2 months to learn about ACCES after landing. I wish I knew about ACCES much before.