Electrical Engineering Connections
The Electrical Engineering Connections is an Ontario-wide online bridge to work program designed to support internationally-trained electrical engineering professionals with their integration into the Canadian labour market. This online program is delivered on partnership with Humber College and supported by the Government of Ontario.
This interactive program provides participants with an overview of the Ontario Electrical Code and Standards, Health & Safety Codes and Standards, Applications of Measuring Instruments, Industrial Automation in Ontario Energy Systems and Electrical Equipment in Ontario. Through this program, participants will enhance knowledge of the Canadian electrical engineering sector and labour market, job search strategies and professional licensing in Ontario, and get access to customized job search support and one-on-one career coaching from an employment consultant who is knowledgeable about the sector. Additionally, participants are connected with engineering employers and professionals to support them with acquiring new skills and knowledge of the Canadian work environment, mentoring and expanding their professional networks and finding employment.
- One-to-one support from an employment consultant who is knowledgeable about the sector
- Connections to employers who are hiring in your sector
- Access to mentors who are professionals in your field
- Invitations to attend recruitment and networking events
- Academic training from a recognized educational institute
- Business communication and workplace culture training in a Canadian context
- Orientation to your sector in Canada
- Job search support and preparation
- Coaching and support after you’re hired
- Permanent resident/Naturalized Canadian Citizen with no local engineering experience/Conventional Refugee/Refugee Claimants with work permit
- Minimum 2 years electrical engineering experience from outside Canada
- Internationally trained (degree or diploma in electrical engineering)
- Canadian Language Benchmark: 7/8
- Resident of Ontario
- The fee for this program is $500 + HST. This offsets a portion of the Humber College academic component. The program may be eligible for full reimbursement through the Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program.
- Instructions/reference materials are included at no cost.
- All other costs related to the program and employment services are generously funded by the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada.
Program Delivery Schedule:
- April 12 to June 11 2021
Program Information Session Schedule:
Program Info Sessions:
|Info Session Date||Link to Register|
|February 3, 2021||Click here to register|
|February 19, 2021||Click here to register|
|March 3, 2021||Click here to register|
|March 19, 2021||Click here to register|
Program Advisory Team:
Aarthi Vig, Program Development Manager-OSPE
Anu Jauhal Gill, Director, Professional & Continuing Education, Humber College
Bahman Koosha, P.Eng. Adviser at Quanta Technology- LLC
Nishit Pandya, PhD, PMP, P.Eng. Designer - Electrical Automation-L-3 WESCAM
Wally Elly, P.Eng, PE, LC , Principal – Crossey Engineering
Companies We Work With / Have Hired from Our Program:
- SES Automation Inc.
- Davis Controls Ltd.
- Rutenberg Sales
- Ampere Limited
- Vard Electro Canada
- Ivaco Rolling Mills Ltd.
- Grasshopper Solar
- Toronto Hydro
- City of Toronto
Contact Us (Submit to Learn More):
"The Electrical Engineering Program provided me with an understanding of the engineering labour market (what is expected from internationally-trained Electrical Engineers in Canada), customized job application and interview preparation. Moreover, technical modules with Humber College allowed me to gain the knowledge of the Canadian electrical code and Ontario Electrical Safety Code."
"Thanks to ACCESS I was able to target my job search and connect with companies in the hidden job market."
"The ACCES team was professional and helped me to start my career in Canada. I recommend this program to all support internationally-trained electrical engineering professionals looking to find employment in the field of Electrical Engineering in Ontario."