Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reporting to the Director, Finance (Facilities), the Financial Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day finance operations for the Facilities department. The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring and processing all accounts payable for the operating departments as well as utilities.
- Prepares, tracks and reconciles departmental payments for operating fund.
- Follows proper auditing practices and processes and maintains files of all financial paperwork for the department operating accounts.
- Prepares necessary invoices, reports, journal entries, and monthly statements. Liaises and problem solves with appropriate internal and external personnel to resolve account discrepancies.
- Ensures accuracy of the database used for recovering utility costs for the campus.
- Prepares batch journals from the Archibus system.
- Makes recommendations to develop/refine procedures related to account payables and assists with implementation of recommended changes. Ensures appropriate back-up procedures are in place.
- Responds to inquiries and requests received in person, by email, or by phone; and provides accurate information in a timely manner.
- Maintains organized electronic and hard copy financial files for the Financial Unit and adheres to internal audit policies.
- Provides assistance and backup to other Finance Unit staff and other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Two-year Community College Diploma.
- More than 1 year and up to and including 2 years of experience. Satisfactory Criminal Record Check required.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Finance and acQuire system considered an asset.
- Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.