Employment Services (Through Employment Ontario)
ACCES provides customized employment services that meets the unique needs of jobseekers. We provide flexible support and provide jobseekers with the opportunity to work one-on-one with employment consultants to develop a customized action plan. You will have access to resources, information and job search workshops that will prepare you to find, apply and interview for jobs.
We will connect you to our network of employers and provide you with opportunities for job matching and placements. ACCES also provides retention services to help you succeed in your new role.
To get started, visit the location nearest you to meet with an Employment Consultant. No appointment is required.
*Please note, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently delivering services virtually. Our physical offices are closed until further notice.*
Get started now by registering for one of ACCES’s Job Search Workshops:
- Job Search Skills: Create a customized job search action plan and learn how to effectively select companies and contacts while seeking employment. Please bring a relevant job posting with you to this practical and interactive workshop.
- Networking for Your Career: In Canada, it’s not always what you know, but who you know that helps you move forward in your job search. In this interactive workshop, discover how to build your online and offline local professional network, effectively leverage your contacts, and boost your networking confidence.
- Resume Development Skills: In this hands-on workshop, you’ll move through the step-by-step process of how to create a Canadian-style resume that gets you noticed by employers. Discover which information to include, professional formatting tips, and how to make your final product Applicant Tracking System (ATS)-friendly.
- LinkedIn and Virtual Networking: Discover how to get started on LinkedIn and how to attract positive attention from employers, recruiters, and fellow industry professionals with your profile. Go beyond the basics and explore all that LinkedIn and social media have to offer job seekers.
- Preparing For Your Interview: In this interactive workshop, you’ll discover helpful tips for acing your next telephone, in-person, or video conference interview. Through hands-on practice activities, you’ll explore how to effectively prepare for your interview, answer the toughest interview questions, and follow up. Leave feeling confident and ready to show employers why they should hire you!
- Hiring Trends in Canada: Discover the hiring trends that are shaping the job market now and into the future. Learn how to target your job search and tailor your resume to showcase your skills and make the most of these new opportunities.
Visit our Calendar of Events to see our workshop schedule.