Job Search Workshops
Job Search Workshops (JSW) provides a group of newcomers with the opportunity to meet and network as they learn job search skills and gather information about the Canadian labour market, trends in various sectors and insights on Canadian workplace culture. Participants develop and practice skills such as resume preparation, cold calling employers, networking and interviewing.
- A supportive environment to learn about job search strategies and Canadian employers’ perspectives
- Employment needs assessment
- One-on-one job search coaching
- Highly interactive pre-employment training conducted in a computerized environment
- Specialists who understand the job search needs of people new to Canada
- Personalized action plans
- Delivered at the ACCES Scarborough location
- Newcomer to Canada - Permanent Resident (PR), Landed Immigrant or Convention Refugee
July 21, 2020 2:00 - 3:00 pm REGISTER NOW >
July 28, 2020 2:00 - 3:00 pm REGISTER NOW >
For more information about this program, please click here to view the flyer.
“The JSW program helped me get my confidence back. It taught me how to prepare a Canadian style resume and develop my professional network while planning my next steps in my job search. Through my intensive interview practice in the program I was ready for any questions that came my way. As a result I secured my desired job in my own field.”
HEALTH AND SAFETY COORDINATOR,
CO EX TEC (MAGNA EXTERIOR)
JOB SEARCH WORKSHOPS ALUMNI
The JSW program is funded by the Government of Canada.