Sales and Marketing Connections
Sales & Marketing Connections is a five-week program that prepares internationally –trained sales and marketing professionals for the Canadian job market quickly and effectively. The program is in partnership with Humber College.
- Introduction to Sales & Marketing Sector in Canada – Humber College
- Digital Marketing/Media
- Sector Specific Job Search – HR Resume, Mock Interviewing,
- Job Search Techniques, Social Media
- Referrals to job openings and connections to employers
- Experiential l Learning
- Creative Thinking and Creative Problem Solving
- Access to mentors who are professionals in your field
- Recruitment, networking and guest speaker events
- Business and workplace communication training in a Canadian context
- Post Hire Support – Job Retention, Business Communication/Language Coach
- Project Management for Sales & Marketing Professionals: PMP Introduction + Exam Preparation (36 hours)
Why should you choose an ACCES Employment program?
ACCES Employment programs are highly specialized, offering intensive sector-specific training designed to help new Canadians to find work in their field. Each program is offered in close consultation with leading employers and academic partners and is designed to enhance (and not duplicate) your existing education.
Our first priority is to help you find full-time, permanent employment in your field that reflects your past experience. Over 80 per cent of participants in our programs find employment in their field within one year.
ACCES programs will provide you with Canadian education and affiliate you with a reputable Canadian College or University.
- Program is designed for all internationally-trained professionals who are newcomers to Canada, ensuring equal treatment of Canadian citizens, permanent residents, convention refugees, refugees and refugee claimants who are eligible to work in Ontario
- Project participants are required to have a post-secondary Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Sales and Marketing or related discipline (Business or Commerce) obtained in another country
- The work experience required for admission into the program is a minimum of 3 years Sales and Marketing experience, or related work experience that features a transferable skill-set obtained outside of Canada
- Participants are also required to demonstrate a strong commitment to building a Canadian career in the Sales and Marketing industry
- A minimum of CLB Level 8 is required for admission into the program.
- Internationally-trained professionals who have completed post-secondary education in Canada, temporary foreign workers, individuals without post-secondary credentials, international students and provincial nominees are not eligible for services funded by the Ontario Bridge Training Program
- The fee for this program is $500. This fee offsets the academic portion of the program and may be eligible for full reimbursement through the Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program.
- All books and materials are included or available on-loan to participants at no additional cost.
- All other costs related to the program and employment services are generously funded by the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada. The fee represents a small proportion (approximately 10 per cent) of the overall cost of the program.
The Sales and Marketing Connections Program is funded by the Government of Ontario and delivered in partnership with the Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning.
Program Delivery Schedule:
- April 20 to May 29, 2020
- November 2 to December 11, 2020
- August 10 to September 25, 2020
- January 25 to March 12, 2021
Program Information Session Schedule:
In order to apply you are required to attend the program information sessions. Registration is mandatory.
Mississauga - please call 905.361.2522
Brampton - please call 905.454.2316
Program Advisory team:
Ian Foo, Aviva Manager, Strategic Partnerships
Ajai Datta, Pinnacle Digital Solutions Ltd, President
Asif Ahmed, Zzeem Inc. , Senior Manager - Client Relations
Esteban Davila, HP, Head of Marketing
Jessica Stewart, DHL Express, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Mohit Gaur, ADP, District Manager
Kartik Subramaniam, RBC, AVP Enterprise Portfolio Delivery
Giri Chittur, Oracle Account Manager | Customer Experience Solutions | Public Sector
Daniel Naqvi, Metroland Media , Multi-Media Consultant | Peel Region
Aman Makkar, Google Strategic Partner Manager
Companies We Have Worked With / Hired From Us:
- Power Kitchen
- Everest Traders Inc
- PCN Canada
- World Vision
- TD Group Bank
- Village pharmacy
- Rhema Canada Inc.
To learn more about Sales and Marketing Connections, please click here to email the Program Manager or call us at 905.361.2522.
The program gave me a deep insight into the Canadian work culture and an opportunity to improve my skill set by collaborating with likeminded professionals and learning from leading mentors in the industry. It paved the way for me to embrace new opportunities with confidence.