START Customer Care Program
The START program is designed to support immigrant women with pursuing careers in the customer care sector in Canada. This nine-week program provides participants with industry-recognized certifications, computer training, job search support and coaching. Supported by Toronto Employment & Social Services, this program is highly effective in motivating participants and preparing them for achieving success in their employment goals.
- Customer Care Essentials certification
- Job shadow experience with a local employer
- Effective job search strategies
- Applied computer skills training
- Workplace culture and communication skills preparation
- Individualized career planning support
- Understanding of customer care roles in different organizations
- Connections with employers that are hiring
Please note that a referral from Ontario Works is required to be considered for this program.
Program Delivery Schedule:
- September 8th - October 30th 2020
- As long as clients are working with an OW caseworker within the catchment area of Toronto Employment Social Services (TESS), they are eligible for the program.
Companies that have recently hired from our program:
Hilton Hotels & Resorts - Markham
Topnotch Building Maintenance Service Group for Pan Am/Parapan Am Games 2015
CE Facilities Services for Pan Am/Parapan Am Games 2015
Harmony Hall Centre for Seniors
Scarborough Community Legal Services
DGZ Enterprise Group Inc.
Chuck E. Cheese Family Entertainment and Pizza Restaurant
Talent Buddies Gift Shop
Our graduates have been hired into the following roles:
Customer Service Agent
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Associate
Client Service Worker - ODSP Appeals
English Program Animator
Retail Sales Associate
Food Service Worker – Kitchen Prep
To learn more about START, please click here to email the Program Manager or call the Scarborough location at 416.431.5326.
For Toronto location, please click here to email the Program Manager or call 416.921.1800.