Starting a Business in Canada
Newcomers often come to Canada with a wealth of business experience and are highly educated and skilled in various sectors. With the right supports in place, self-employment is a highly viable option for newcomers. Small and medium sized businesses in Ontario contributed over 98.5% of all new jobs created in Canada over the last 10 years (Statistics Canada).
Entrepreneurship Connections® is designed for newcomers who plan to start a business in Canada. If you have owned or operated a business outside Canada, this innovative and informative program will help you use that experience in the Canadian market. You will receive individual coaching to start a business. This includes developing a business plan, receiving legal consultation, and benefiting from the support of an established mentor. This program operates part-time for four weeks so that you will have time to apply what you are learning in the classroom.
Entrepreneurship Connections® is now being offered nationally! In addition to our Toronto cohorts, we will be offering this unique program in Hamilton, Ottawa, Vancouver, and Moncton. Some locations will be offering condensed boot-camp sessions both in English and Arabic, please check our our events page to see our upcoming schedule.
Please click here to visit our events page to find an info session and program close to you.
- Individualized coaching to start your business
- Guidance to develop a marketable business plan
- Advice on how to target investors and secure funding
- Legal consultation to help launch your business
- Strengthen your knowledge of strategic planning
- Work with established entrepreneurs as mentors
- Strengthen your understanding of HR infrastructure
- Learn how to brand and market your business
About Entrepreneurship Connections® Pre-Arrival
Entrepreneurship Connections® Pre-Arrival (ECP) is a free program that helps you explore how you could use your experience and education to start your own business in Canada so you can decide if starting a business is the right decision for you. This program will provide you with multiple ways to explore entrepreneurship in Canada, including making connections with business experts and other potential entrepreneurs.
- Prepare to launch a business from your country of residence even before your arrival in Canada
- Build connections with other entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship support networks across Canada
- Obtain self-employment readiness assessments
- Access to self-directed online learning modules to prepare for starting a business in Canada
- One-on-one business advising and support in developing a personalized action plan
- Receive entrepreneurship training and supports regardless of where you plan to land in Canada
- Receive targeted referrals to post-arrival entrepreneurship services to further aid launching your business in Canada
If you are interested in applying for the Entrepreneurship Connections Pre-Arrival program, please fill out our Pre-Arrival Screening & Intake Questionnaire. A staff member from ACCES will contact you once we have reviewed your completed responses and submitted all required documents.
Entrepreneurship Connections® is funded by the Government of Canada.
To learn more about Entrepreneurship Connections® or Entrepreneurship Connections® Pre-Arrival programs, please click here to send an email to the Employment Consultant or call us at 416.921.1800.