Cybersecurity Connections program supports internationally trained IT professionals to secure employment within the growing field of cybersecurity. This 8-week full-time program will provide participants with up-to-date technical skills and training combined with in-depth employment services including job search strategies, mentoring, workplace communication and employer connections. Participants will gain a broad understanding of cybersecurity concepts, Canadian industry best practices for information security and key security concepts to protect individuals and businesses against fraud, data breaches and other vulnerabilities.
- One-to-one support from an employment consultant who is knowledgeable about the sector
- Connections to employers who are hiring in your sector
- Access to mentors who are professionals in your field
- Invitations to attend recruitment and networking events
- Academic training from a recognized educational institute
- Business communication and workplace culture training in a Canadian context
- Orientation to your sector in Canada
- Job search support and preparation
- Coaching and support after you’re hired
Program Information Session Schedule
Information Session Dates:
- Wednesday, March 20
- Wednesday, March 27
- Tuesday , April 2
- Wednesday , April 10
- Thursday , April 18
- Wednesday , April 24
- Thursday , May 2nd
Time: 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Location: 8500 Leslie Street, Suite 470, Markham, ON L3T 7M8
Program Delivery Schedule
Cohort One - September 17 - December 14, 2018 (York Region)
Cohort Two - January 7 - March 30, 2019 (York Region)
Cohort Three - May 13 - July 5, 2019 (York Region)
To be eligible, applicants must have:
- Post-Secondary Degree in computer science or information technology (evaluated by WES/University of Toronto/ ICAS)
- Minimum of 2 years of international work experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering (Computer or Electronics)
- A minimum of CLB level 7
- Permanent Residents (PR), Landing immigrants or Convention Refugees
There are no participant fees associated with this program. This program will run at ACCES new office in York Region.
Cybersecurity Connections is funded by the Government of Canada and is offered in partnership with Seneca College.
To learn more about Cybersecurity Connections, please click here to email Fahimeh Ehsani or call us at 905.840.2660.