The Healthcare Connections program helps internationally educated healthcare professionals (IEHPs) find alternative career options in Canada. For those individuals who have selected not to pursue licensure in their respective healthcare profession, or individuals looking for ways to stay connected to the healthcare industry while pursuing accreditation, Healthcare Connections will help identify new career opportunities.
This program is designed for IEHPs who possess healthcare expertise that can be transferred to an alternative career option in the broader healthcare sector.
- Acquire the information to transfer your healthcare skillset to an alternative career option in the broader healthcare sector
- Develop Canadian workplace communications skills that pertain to the healthcare profession in Canada
- Develop a BioTalent Canada portfolio that will assist career planning by identifying your transferrable skills
- Receive BioReady™ recognition and gain access to BioSkills Match, a national database of BioReady talent
- Receive one-to-one employment support featuring job search strategies and employment placement
- Connect with mentors who are established professionals in your selected career path
- Connect with employers who are recruiting and hiring from ACCES Employment’s programs
- Ensure success by accessing post-hire support
- Internationally educated healthcare professionals with a minimum of one year of related work experience, obtained outside of Canada
- Educated at a post-secondary level in a regulated healthcare profession outside of Canada
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 8 or higher
- Permanent Residents or Convention Refugees of Canada
- No previous work experience within the Canadian broader healthcare sector
Healthcare Connections is free of charge and funded by the Government of Canada.
Program Delivery Schedule:
Healthcare Connections is a full time 6-week program that runs Monday to Friday from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm.
September to October, 2020
January to February, 2021
Program Information Session Schedule:
Date and Time: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 – 2:00pm – 4:00pm REGISTER NOW >
Date and Time: Wednesday, September 2, 2020 – 2:00pm – 4:00pm REGISTER NOW >
Companies That Have Hired From Our Program:
- St. Michael's Hospital
- Apotex Inc.
- Impres Pharma Inc.
- LMC Diabetes & Endocrinology
- TELUS Health
- Cliantha Research
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences
- South Riverdale Community Health Centre
- Wellwise by Shoppers Drug Mart
- Golden Care Dental Services
- Forest Hill Orthodontics
To learn more about Healthcare Connections, please click here to email the Program Manager or call at 416.443.9008 ext. 2824 for more information or to register.
“As an immigrant, I didn't quite know where to start my job search. I was very fortunate to have encountered the Healthcare Connections program. A few days into the course led me to believe that it was the best decision I had made. Meeting with peers and stakeholders of the Healthcare industry, guest speaker events and a keen insight into resume building and LinkedIn profile enhancements brought me my first interview with a reputed pharmaceutical company in Toronto. Three rounds of interview later, on the 45th day of my arrival as an immigrant, I was able to secure an offer from my employer. I remain grateful to the entire team at Healthcare Connections for constantly motivating, grooming and channelizing my efforts towards making this leaping breakthrough within such a short period of landing into this country".
“Healthcare Connections at ACCES was a great learning opportunity. Things I have learned in the program helped me in understanding the job market and in preparing myself to enter the market. During these six weeks, we were introduced to Clinical Research, Canadian Life Sciences Industry, Ontario Healthcare Landscape, and various other sectors in Healthcare and pharmaceutical industry. During this program, we got multiple opportunities to interact directly with industry experts, gained industry insights and we worked with them to prepare our career portfolio. Overall, this program has not only helped me in securing my first employment in Canada but also helped me in making a strong base for my professional career in Canada.”