Information Technology (IT) Connections helps internationally-trained IT professionals pursue their careers in Canada. Participants learn Canadian IT-sector standards, terminology, and tips on how to enhance their job search. IT Connections was designed in close collaboration with key stakeholders – employers, professional associations and an academic institution.
- Effective job search strategies: market research techniques; resume development; interview skills; and, targeting your job search to companies that require your specific skills and experience
- Orientation to Canadian Workplace Culture and the expectations of employers in the sector
- Project Management for IT Professionals (PMP exam preparation)
- Agile Introduction and Methodology
- Design Thinking
- Creative Problem Solving
- Guest speaking panels including volunteers from Accenture (program sponsor)
- Connections with IT employers
- Referrals to Speed Mentoring® and The Mentoring Partnership™
- Post-employment communication coaching, language coaching and document editing
- Experiential Learning
- One-to-one support from an employment consultant who is knowledgeable about the sector
- Connections to employers who are hiring
- Access to mentors who are professionals in your field
- Invitations to attend recruitment and networking events
- Academic training from a recognized educational institute
- Business communication and workplace culture training in a Canadian context
- Orientation to your sector in Canada
- Job search support and preparation
- Coaching and support after you’re hired
- 40 PDUs (Professional Development Units) towards PMP exam
- Sharpen your critical thinking and problem-solving skill
- Engage in educator-supervised industry experiential learning projects
- Practice the Design Thinking process to solve problems small and large
To participate in this program you must meet some of the following eligibility criteria:
- Permanent Resident
- Convention Refugee
- Refugee Claimant with one-year work permit
- Minimum of three years professional experience in the IT sector OUTSIDE of Canada
- Post-secondary education in the IT field from OUTSIDE Canada
- Good English communication skills (ideally Canadian Language Benchmark 8)
- Have not been away from the field for a period longer than two years
- The fee for this program is $500. This offsets a portion of the Ryerson University academic component. This program may be eligible for full reimbursement through the Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program.
- All books and materials are included or available on-loan to participants at no additional cost.
- All other costs related to the program and employment services are generously funded by the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada.
Information Technology Connections is funded by the Government of Ontario and delivered in partnership with Ryerson University. The IT Connections program is sponsored by Accenture.
Program Delivery Schedule:
The Information Technology Connections Program is a full time 5-week program that runs Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 3:30pm, plus 2-week for PMP exam preparation.
Toronto Cohort - January 18 to February 19, 2021
Program Information Session Schedule
In order to apply, you are required to attend one of the program information sessions. All sessions are delivered at three ACCES Employment locations. Please call front reception at the preferred location for registration.
Online Information Sessions
IT Connections Virtual Information Session for Peel Cohort starting on April 12, 2021.
|Info Session Date||Session Start Time||Link to Register|
|March 10, 2021||10:00AM||Click here to register.|
|March 17, 2021||10:00AM||Click here to register|
|March 24, 2021||10:00AM||Click here to register|
|March 31, 2021||10:00AM||Click here to register|
|April 7, 2021||10:00AM||Click here to register|
Please check back for more information.
Abbas Ishaque, Sr. Manager/Scrum Master/Agile Transformation Office, RBC
Adeel Liagat, National Practice Area Lead - Slalom
Colin Low-Ring, Senior Client Director, Newcomp Analytics
David Odigie, Director, Delivery Program Management, RBC
Terry Gelinas, Senior Infrastructure Lead, Accenture
William Garcia, Manager, Change & Release Management, AllState Insurance
Gerardo Amaya, Executive Digital Advisor, Microsoft
James Friesen, Director/Manager Canada Operations, Ana-Data Consulting
Kennedy Udida,Senior Scrum Master & Agile Coach Agile Coach, TD
Nobel Phipps, Senior Technology Consultant, Chief Technology Office, TELUS
Terry Gelinas, Senior Infrastructure Lead, Accenture
William Garcia, Manager, Change and Release Management, AllState Insurance
Zoser Mankarious, Senior Manager, Cybersecurity, Wipro Consulting
Companies that have recently hired from our program:
- Bank of Montreal (BMO)
- Bond Brand Loyalty
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
- Rogers Communications Inc.
- The Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank)
- Slalom Consulting, LLC
- Softchoice Corp.
- Tata Consultancy Services
- TD Canada Trust
- Tech Mahindra Limited
Our graduates have been hired into the following roles:
- Business Analyst
- Business Consultant
- Cloud Computing Specialist
- Data Analytics Specialist
- Database Administrator
- Information Security Analyst
- Project Manager
- Quality Assurance
- System Administrator
- Technical Support
To learn more about Information Technology Connections, please click here to email the Program Manager or call 905.361.2522.