Supply Chain Connections
The Supply Chain Connections program assists internationally-trained professionals with moving into a range of positions within the sector. The program features an orientation to the supply chain sector in Canada, sector-specific workplace skills and connections with employers in the Supply Chain field. After participants find work, they can receive on-going coaching with business communication and language skills.
The program incorporates an additional (and optional) six-day PMP Exam Prep Boot Camp at no extra cost. The bonus workshop offers 35 PDUs (Professional Development Units) upon completion and is designed for program participants who plan to pursue their PMP designation.
- One-to-one support from an employment consultant who is knowledgeable about the sector
- Connections to employers who are hiring
- Access to mentors who are professionals in your field
- Invitations to attend recruitment and networking events
- Academic training from a recognized educational institute
- Business communication and workplace culture training in a Canadian context
- Orientation to your sector in Canada
- Job search support and preparation
- Coaching and support after you’re hired
- 35 PDUs (Professional Development Units) towards PMP exam
The participation criteria include:
- Permanent Resident, Convention Refugee or Refugee Claimant with one-year work permit
- Minimum of two years professional experience in supply chain OUTSIDE Canada
- Post-secondary education in supply chain or related from OUTSIDE Canada
- Strong English communication skills (ideally Canadian Language Benchmark 8)
- The fee for this program is $500. This fee offsets the academic portion of the program and may be eligible for full reimbursement through the Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program.
- All books and materials are included or available on-loan to participants at no additional cost.
- All other costs related to the program and employment services are generously funded by the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada. The fee represents a small proportion (approximately 10 per cent) of the overall cost of the program.
Supply Chain Connections is funded by the Government of Ontario and delivered in partnership with Sheridan College and OTEC.
The Supply Chain Connections Program is a full time 6-week program that runs Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 4:30pm
Program Delivery Schedule:
Mississauga - 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
- April 27 to June 5, 2020 (cohort 9)
- November 9 to December 18, 2020 (cohort 11)
Brampton - 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
- August 10 to September 18, 2020 (cohort 10)
- January 15 to March 5, 2021 (cohort 12)
Program Information Session Schedule:
In order to apply, you are required to attend one of the program information sessions. Sessions are being delivered virtually at this time.
Supply Chain Connections Online Information Session
Jun 2, 2020 at 02:00 PM
Jun 9, 2020 at 02:00 PM
Jun 16, 2020 at 02:00 PM
Jun 23, 2020 at 02:00 PM
Jun 30, 2020 at 02:00 PM
*Please check back for additional dates
Miguel Lopez, VP of Operations, Coltene SciCan
Peter Hawkins, Managing Director, MELLOWHAWK Logistics
Rosanna Arcaina, Production Supervisor, Maple Leaf Foods Inc.
Hugh Lawson, Director, Business Development, Staples Promotional Products Canada
Salam Akhtar, Vice President, Supply Chain, Bayer Canada
Wael Safwat, Director of Procurement – North America, Black & McDonald Ltd.
Al-Azhar Khalfan,President and CEO, SCMAO
Emma Gibbons, Associate Director, Continuing & Professional Studies, Sheridan College
Companies that have recently hired from our program:
- Exel Canada
- Immet Multimatic
- Menasha Pkg.
- Monex Group
- City of Toronto
- Kuehne & Nagel
- Fastenal Canada
- Home Depot
Our graduates have been hired into the following roles:
- SIP Quality Coordinator
- Logistics Manager
- Purchasing Analyst
- Material Planner
- Sales and Inventory Control
- Warehouse Manager
- Project Planner/Scheduler
- SAP Business Analyst
- Project Controller
- Inventory Management
To learn more about Supply Chain Connections, please click here to email the Program Manager or call at 905.361.2522.
The Supply Chain Connection Program was a great opportunity for a experienced professionals like myself to understand the Canadian work culture and way of life. Sessions with various sector specialists provided an overview of the industry and marketplace that helped understand the expectations and prepare accordingly.
- Vinod Palakkaparambil, Billing Manager at National Logistics Services
Supply Chain Connections Graduate (May 2018)
I finished the program armed with the knowledge I needed to get gainful employment and also excel at the workplace. The academic component of the program helped refreshed and improve my knowledge about supply chain, while the soft skills training helped me know what to expect in the workplace and how to handle different situations.
- Ayodeji Elijah, Vendor and Service Specialist at Home Depot
Supply Chain Connections Graduate (March 2018)
The program provided me a lot of valuable assistance in my job search. It helped me prepare for my interviews and writing my resume. The networking with industry leaders helped me understand Canadian work culture better. I received many useful tips which helped me present myself in a more confident way during my interviews.
- Santosh Kumar Rupani, Demand Planner, Bacardi
Supply Chain Connections Graduate (December 2018)