The program supports internationally-trained professionals who have senior level experience and qualifications in IT and Finance. Participants receive training on essential leadership skills, and build professional networks and connect with employers, while working in a group of their peers. Leadership Connections supports participants with securing employment at a level that is consistent with their experience and background.
Labour market information clearly indicates a strong demand for senior level talent in the financial services and information technology sectors. However, senior management positions are often the most difficult to fill, as employers require candidates with highly developed soft skills and proven experience with completing major projects. Industry groups have recommended that organizations should meet their talent needs by leveraging international talent that is available in the GTA.
- One-to-one support from an employment consultant who is knowledgeable about the sector
- Referrals to job openings and connections to employers
- Access to mentors who are professionals in your field
- Recruitment and networking events
- Academic training from a recognized educational institute
- Business and workplace communication training in a Canadian context
- Orientation to your sector in Canada
- Job search support and preparation
- Continued coaching and support after you’re hired
Advisory Committee: Leadership Connections
Andreea Amariei, Associate Vice President, TDS Change Delivery at TD Bank Group
Ann Gaylord, Community Member
Jaffar Rizvi, Director, Global Markets, Business Management, CIBC
Ryan Wilson, Senior Recruiter, RBC
Julie Bryski, Director, Talent Initiatives, Toronto Finance International (TFI)
Sandra Saric, Vice President, Talent Innovation, Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC)
Wanda Buote, Dean Education & Training Solutions, Humber College
Scott Webster, Director | Underwriting & Portfolio, BMO
Companies that have recently hired from our program:
TD Bank Group
BMO Financial Group
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
Our graduates have been hired into the following roles:
Director of Operations
Sr. Product Manager
Private Equity Fund Manager
Manager, Financial Reporting and Analysis
Sr. Internal Audit Manager
Compliance and AML Manager
- The fee for this program is $500. This fee offsets the academic portion of the program and may be eligible for full reimbursement through the Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program.
- All books and materials are included or available on-loan to participants at no additional cost.
- All other costs related to the program and employment services are generously funded by the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada. The fee represents a small proportion (approximately 10 per cent) of the overall cost of the program.
Leadership Connections is funded by the Government of Ontario, and delivered in partnership with Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning.
To learn more about Leadership Connections, please click here to email Jennifer Amankwa or call us at 416.921.1800.
The Leadership Connections Program is a full time 4-week program that runs Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 4:30pm
Program Delivery Schedule:
Cohort One – May 6 to May 31, 2019 (Toronto)
Cohort Two – July 29 to August 23, 2019 (Mississauga)
Cohort Three – November 4 to November 29, 2019 (Toronto)
Cohort Four – February 24 to March 20, 2020 (Scarborough)
Program Information Session Schedule:
In order to apply for the program, you are required to attend one of the in-person program information sessions. Information on the program content, eligibility, and registration process will be provided. All sessions are delivered at three ACCES Employment locations. Please call front reception at the preferred location to register for an information session. The phone number is noted below.
Dates are subject to change, so please call in advance to confirm availability.
Toronto – 10:00am to 12:00pm. Call 416.921.1800
March 12, 19, 26, 2019
April 2, 9, 16, 23, 2019
September 3, 10, 17, 24, 2019
October 1, 8, 15, 22, 2019
March 10, 17, 24, 31, 2020
Mississauga – 10:00am to 1:00pm. Call 905.361.2522
June 4, 11, 18, 25, 2019
July 4, 9, 16, 2019
Scarborough – 10:00am to 1:00pm. Call 416.431.5326
December 4, 11, 2019
January 2, 8, 15, 22, 29, 2020
For frequently asked questions, please click here