Human Resources Job Market in Canada
Human Resources Connections helps internationally-trained human resources professionals to find work in Canada. This 7-week program provides you with training that is current and relevant to Canadian workplaces. It builds on your previous human resources expertise by providing an orientation to your sector in Canada. The program is in partnership with HRPA and Sheridan College.
- Orientation to the HR sector in Canada
- Sector Specific Job Search – HR Resume, Mock Interviewing, Job Search Techniques, Social Media
- HRPA Information Session
- Referrals to job openings and connections to employers
- Experiential l Learning
- Creative Thinking and Creative Problem Solving
- Access to mentors who are professionals in your field
- Recruitment, networking and guest speaker events
- Academic training provided by Sheridan College – Employment Law & Diversity Management, Industrial Relations, Health & Safety, Payroll and Pensions, Mental Health, Disability Management, HR Metrics & Analytics.
- Business and workplace communication training in a Canadian context
- Post Hire Support – Job Retention, Business Communication/Language Coach, HR Sector Coach
- CKE 1, CKE 2 and Employment Law preparation workshops CKE 1, CKE 2 and Employment Law preparation workshops
Post-secondary education; minimum 2 years of experience in human resources; CLB Level 8; Permanent Residence, Convention Refugee, or Refugee Claimant with 1 year work permit.
- The fee for this program is $500. This offsets a portion of the Sheridan College academic component. The program may be eligible for full reimbursement through the Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program.
- All books and materials are included or available on-loan to participants at no additional cost.
- All other costs related to the program and employment services are generously funded by the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada.
Human Resources Connections is funded by the Government of Ontario and delivered in partnership with Sheridan College, OTEC and supported by HRPA.
Program Delivery Schedule:
- April 6 to May 22, 2020
- November 2 to December 18, 2020
- August 10 to September 25, 2020
Program Information Session Schedule:
Brampton - call 905.454.2316
|March||3, 17, 31|
Program Advisory Team:
Selina Louzado, Director of Talent and Culture, Novotel Hotel & Resorts (Mississauga)
Ali Farooqui, HR Manager, Polar Pak Inc.
Annette Dhanasar, Country Manager – Human Resources, Edealer
Juliet Smith, HR Business Partner, Symcor
Ian MacPherson, IH MacPherson Consulting, HR Consultant
Helen Davies, TD, VP, HR Community Banking
Maha Al Amin, Your HR Team, Managing Partner
Companies That Have Worked With Us:
- Scotia Bank
- City of Mississauga
Our Graduates Have Been Hired Into The Following Roles:
- Technical Recruiter
- Learning and Development Consultant
- Compensation and Collective Bargaining
- HR Generalist
- HR Director
- HR Head of Department
- Talent Acquisition Specialist
- HR Assistant
- Training and Development
- HR Analyst
- Compensation Specialist
- HR Administrator
To learn more about Human Resources Connections, please click here to email the Program Manager or call at 905.454.2316.
Arriving Canada in spring 2019 and joining the ACCES Employment - HR Connections program, was a crucial part of the successes in my Canadian journey. The 7-week intensive Human Resources Connections program enriched me with valuable information, resources and connections needed to thrive in the Canadian labour market. ACCES Employment team and partners were excellent with the program content and the mode of delivery. I was able to secure a job consistent with my experience and background immediately after the program. A connection made possible by the programs Employer Liaison. I would strongly recommend ACCES Employment as it is indeed a ”GOLD MINE”.
Adedoyinsola Abitoye - HR Manager at Maratek Environmental