Financial Services Job Market in Canada
The financial services sector in Canada is a key contributor to the economy in Toronto and Canada, generating $13 billion in fiscal benefits for Toronto, Ontario and Canada. Supporting more than 420 000 jobs across the country, the sector includes a talented workforce that includes highly educated professionals. In particular, the Toronto region is a central hub of the industry including banks, investment firms, pension funds and insurance companies. (www.tfsa.ca)
ACCES Employment’s Financial Services Connections™ program is an established resource for newcomers with a strong track record of employing graduates at major financial institutions and companies across the Greater Toronto Area and Canada in roles that reflect their experience.
About Financial Services Connections™
This program provides internationally-trained financial services professionals with practical job search information and connections with employers in the financial sector. Participants learn how to integrate into the Canadian workplace and how to effectively communicate with colleagues and clients within the financial services industry. The program has the following two streams:
- Customer Services and Sales in Financial Services supports participants with securing banking positions and includes preparation for the Investment Funds in Canada (IFC) certification
- The Customer Service and Sales in Insurance includes preparation for the general insurance agent license: Other Than Life (OTL)
- One-to-one support from an employment consultant who is knowledgeable about the sector
- Referrals to job openings and connections to employers
- Access to mentors who are professionals in your field
- Recruitment and networking events
- Business and workplace communication training in a Canadian context
- Orientation to financial services sector in Canada
- Job search support and preparation
- Continued coaching and support after you’re hired
Industry Advisory Committee: Financial Services Connections Program
Ellen Austin, HR Business Partner, BDC
Dina Anthony, Resourcing Consultant, TD Insurance
Diana Caldi, Senior Recruitment Consultant, RBC Insurance
Susan Hawkins, Recruitment Manager, RBC
Nicole Jacksic, Senior Manager, Diversity Talent Acquisition, TD Bank
Adam Morrison, Director, OTEC
John Pappas, Associate Director – Relationship Management, Moody’s Analytics
Kamini Sahadeo, Director of Strategy, Centre of Excellence, Toronto Financial Services Alliance (TFSA)
Companies that have recently hired from our program:RBC
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
Our graduates have been hired into the following roles:Account Manager
Financial Services Representative
Personal Banking Officer
Customer Service Representative
- The fee for this program is $500. This fee offsets the academic portion of the program and may be eligible for full reimbursement through the Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program.
- All books and materials are included or available on-loan to participants at no additional cost.
- All other costs related to the program and employment services are generously funded by the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada. The fee represents a small proportion (approximately 10 per cent) of the overall cost of the program.
Financial Services Connections™ is funded by the Government of Ontario, is sponsored by Scotiabank Group, and is offered in partnership with Seneca College, Insurance Institute of Canada, Canadian Securities Institute Education and OTEC.
To learn more about Financial Services Connections, please click here to email Han Tran or call us at 416.921.1800.