Financial Services Job Market in Canada
The financial services sector in Canada is a key contributor to the economy in Toronto and Canada, generating $13 billion in fiscal benefits for Toronto, Ontario and Canada. Supporting more than 420 000 jobs across the country, the sector includes a talented workforce that includes highly educated professionals. In particular, the Toronto region is a central hub of the industry including banks, investment firms, pension funds and insurance companies. (www.tfsa.ca)
ACCES Employment’s Financial Services Connections™ program is an established resource for newcomers with a strong track record of employing graduates at major financial institutions and companies across the Greater Toronto Area and Canada in roles that reflect their experience.
About Financial Services Connections™
This program provides internationally-trained financial services professionals with practical job search information and connections with employers in the financial sector. Participants learn how to integrate into the Canadian workplace and how to effectively communicate with colleagues and clients within the financial services industry.
- One-to-one support from an employment consultant who is knowledgeable about the sector
- Referrals to job openings and connections to employers
- Access to mentors who are professionals in your field
- Recruitment and networking events
- Business and workplace communication training in a Canadian context
- Orientation to financial services sector in Canada
- Job search support and preparation
- Industry certification
- Continued coaching and support after you’re hired
Industry Advisory Committee: Financial Services Connections Program
Ellen Austin, HR Business Partner, BDC
Diana Caldi, Senior Recruitment Consultant, RBC Insurance
Hogay Johangiry, Senior Recruitment Consultant, RBC
Nicole Jacksic, Senior Manager, Diversity Talent Acquisition, TD Bank
Adam Morrison, Director, OTEC
Katerina Belazelkoska, Program Manager, Workplace Communication in Canada (WCC) Program, Ryerson University
Rui Barreto, Assistant Director, Business Development & Client Management Financial Services Training and Certification, Moody's Analytics
Livia Tersigni, Senior Manager, Insurance Institution of Ontario
Companies that have recently hired from our program:RBC
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
Our graduates have been hired into the following roles:Account Manager
Financial Services Representative
Personal Banking Officer
Customer Service Representative
- The fee for this program is $500. This fee offsets the academic portion of the program and may be eligible for full reimbursement through the Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program.
- All books and materials are included or available on-loan to participants at no additional cost.
- All other costs related to the program and employment services are generously funded by the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada. The fee represents a small proportion (approximately 10 per cent) of the overall cost of the program.
Financial Services Connections™ is funded by the Government of Ontario, is sponsored by RBC, and is offered in partnership with Ryerson University and Moody's Analytics.
To learn more about Financial Services Connections, please click here to email Han Tran or call us at 416.921.1800.
The Financial Services Connections Program is a full time 4-week program that runs Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 4:30pm
Program Delivery Schedule:
Cohort One – April 30 - May 25, 2018 (Brampton)
Cohort Two – May 21 - June 18, 2018 (Scarborough)
Cohort Three – August 6 - August 31, 2018 (Toronto)
Cohort Four – August 13 - September 7, 2018 (Scarborough)
Cohort Five - October 29 - November 23, 2018 (Brampton)
Cohort Six - November 5 - November 30, 2018 (Scarborough)
Cohort Seven - January 28 - February 22, 2019 (Mississauga)
Cohort Eight - February 11 - March 8, 2019 (Toronto)
Program Information Session Schedule:
In order to apply, you are required to attend one of the program information sessions. All sessions are delivered at three ACCES Employment locations. Please call front reception at the preferred location for registration.
Dates are subject to change, so please call in advance to confirm availability.
Mississauga – 10:00am to 1:00pm. Call 905.361.2522
April 3, 5, 10, 17, 24, 2018
September 6, 18, 2018
October 4, 11, 16, 23, 2018
December 6, 18, 2018
January 3, 10, 15, 22, 2019
March 12, 26, 2019
Toronto – 10:00am to 12:00pm. Call 416.921.1800
June 26, 28, 2018
July 3, 6, 10, 17, 24, 2018
January 3, 8, 15, 22, 29, 2019
Scarborough – 10:00am to 1:00pm. Call 416.431.5326
April 4, 11, 18, 25, 2018
May 3, 10, 17, 2018
June 20, 27, 2018
July 4,11,18,25, 2018
August 1, 2018
September 12,19,26, 2018
October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, 2018
March 6, 13, 20, 27, 2019