The program supports internationally-trained professionals who have senior level experience and qualifications in IT and Finance. Participants receive training on essential leadership skills, and build professional networks and connect with employers, while working in a group of their peers. Leadership Connections supports participants with securing employment at a level that is consistent with their experience and background.
Labour market information clearly indicates a strong demand for senior level talent in the financial services and information technology sectors. However, senior management positions are often the most difficult to fill, as employers require candidates with highly developed soft skills and proven experience with completing major projects. Industry groups have recommended that organizations should meet their talent needs by leveraging international talent that is available in the GTA.
- Bachelor’s in Business and/or MBA
- 2-year experience in leadership/management related roles in Financial Services/Banking/IT Project Management outside of Canada
- No relevant Canadian Work Experience
- CLB Level 8
- Permanent Resident, Convention Refugee or Refugee Claimant with a 1-year work permit Canadian
- One-to-one support from an employment consultant who is knowledgeable about the sector
- Referrals to job openings and connections to employers
- Access to mentors who are professionals in your field
- Recruitment and networking events
- Academic training from a recognized educational institute
- Business and workplace communication training in a Canadian context
- Orientation to your sector in Canada
- Job search support and preparation
- Continued coaching and support after you’re hired
- The fee for this program is $500. This fee offsets the academic portion of the program and may be eligible for full reimbursement through the Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program.
- All books and materials are included or available on-loan to participants at no additional cost.
- All other costs related to the program and employment services are generously funded by the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada. The fee represents a small proportion (approximately 10 per cent) of the overall cost of the program.
Leadership Connections is funded by the Government of Ontario, and delivered in partnership with Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning.
The Leadership Connections Program is a full time 4-week program that runs Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 4:30pm
Program Delivery Schedule:
Cohort Three – November 2 – December 4, 2020 (Toronto)
Cohort Four – February 8 – March 12, 2021 (Scarborough)
Program Information Session Schedule:
In order to apply for the program, you are required to attend one of the program information sessions. Information on the program content, eligibility, and registration process will be provided. All sessions will be delivered online. Please register to attend one of our information sessions.
Leadership Connections Toronto Virtual Information (Nov. 2 – Dec. 4, 2020)
Oct 14, 2020 10:00 AM Register > http://accesemployment.force.com/OnlineEvent?fld16=a520e0000000gxw
Oct 21, 2020 10:00 AM Register > http://accesemployment.force.com/OnlineEvent?fld16=a520e0000000gy1
Oct 26, 2020 10:00 AM Register > http://accesemployment.force.com/OnlineEvent?fld16=a520e000000orpQ
Andreea Amariei, Associate Vice President, TDS Change Delivery at TD Bank Group
Ann Gaylord, Community Member
Jaffar Rizvi, Director, Global Markets, Business Management, CIBC
Ryan Wilson, Senior Recruiter, RBC
Julie Bryski, Director, Talent Initiatives, Toronto Finance International (TFI)
Scott Webster, Director | Underwriting & Portfolio, BMO
Elizabeth Mills, Senior Director, Skills Development, ICTC
Nadia Desjardins, Associate Dean, Corporate Training Solutions, Humber College
Christian Weppelmann, Senior Manager, Accenture
Mimma Spagnolo, SAP COO, Accenture
Companies that have recently hired from our program:
- TD Bank Group
- BMO Financial Group
- Duca Financial
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- B2B Bank
- CIBC Mellon
Our graduates have been hired into the following roles:
- Director of Operations
- Financial Controller
- Sr. Product Manager
- Risk Manager
- Private Equity Fund Manager
- Management Consultant
- Accounting Manager
- Project Manager
- Manager, Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Sr. Internal Audit Manager
- Financial Advisor
- Credit Manager
- Compliance and AML Manager
To learn more about Leadership Connections, please click here to email the Program Manager or call us at 416.921.1800.
For frequently asked questions, please click here