Financial Services Job Market in Canada
The financial services sector in Canada is a key contributor to the economy in Toronto and Canada, generating $13 billion in fiscal benefits for Toronto, Ontario and Canada. Supporting more than 420 000 jobs across the country, the sector includes a talented workforce that includes highly educated professionals. In particular, the Toronto region is a central hub of the industry including banks, investment firms, pension funds and insurance companies. (https://tfi.ca/)
ACCES Employment’s Financial Services Connections™ program is an established resource for newcomers with a strong track record of employing graduates at major financial institutions and companies across the Greater Toronto Area and Canada in roles that reflect their experience.
The Financial Services Connections™ program provides internationally-trained financial services professionals with practical job search information and connections with employers in the financial sector. Participants learn how to integrate into the Canadian workplace and how to effectively communicate with colleagues and clients within the financial services industry.
- One-to-one support from an employment consultant who is knowledgeable about the sector
- Referrals to job openings and connections to employers
- Access to mentors who are professionals in your field
- Recruitment and networking events
- Business and workplace communication training in a Canadian context
- Orientation to financial services sector in Canada
- Job search support and preparation
- Industry certification
- Continued coaching and support after you’re hired
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-year experience in Financial Services Sector outside of Canada
- No relevant Canadian Work Experience
- CLB Level 8
- Permanent Resident, Convention Refugee or Refugee Claimant with a 1-year work permit Canadian
- The fee for this program is $500. This fee offsets the academic portion of the program and may be eligible for full reimbursement through the Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program.
- All books and materials are included or available on-loan to participants at no additional cost.
- All other costs related to the program and employment services are generously funded by the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada. The fee represents a small proportion (approximately 10 per cent) of the overall cost of the program.
Financial Services Connections™ is funded by the Government of Ontario, is sponsored by RBC, and is offered in partnership with Ryerson University and Moody's Analytics.
Program Delivery Schedule:
The Financial Services Connections Program is a full time 4-week program that runs Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
- April 27 to May 29, 2020 (cohort one)
- May 18 to June 19, 2020 (cohort two)
- August 10 to September 11, 2020 (cohort four)
- November 10 to December 18, 2020 (cohort six)
- August 3 to September 4, 2020 (cohort three)
- February 1 to March 5, 2021 (cohort eight)
Program Information Session Schedule:
In order to apply for the program, you are required to attend one of the in-person program information sessions. All sessions are delivered at three ACCES Employment locations. Information on the program content, eligibility, and registration process will be provided. Please regsiter online thorugh the registration link provided.
Brampton Cohort Information Sessions (Cohort One)
Tuesday March 31, 2020 - 10:00am - 11:00am REGISTER NOW >
Tuesday April 7, 2020 - 10:00am - 11:00am REGISTER NOW >
Tuesday April 14, 2020 - 10:00am - 11:00am REGISTER NOW >
Tuesday April 21, 2020 - 10:00am - 11:00am REGISTER NOW >
Scarborough Cohort Information Sessions (Cohort Two)
Wednesday April 1, 2020 - 10:00am - 11:00am REGISTER NOW >
Wednesday April 8, 2020 - 10:00am - 11:00am REGISTER NOW >
Wednesday April 15, 2020 - 10:00am -11:00am REGISTER NOW >
Wednesday April 22, 2020 - 10:00am - 11:00am REGISTER NOW >
Wednesday April 29, 2020 - 10:00am - 11:00am REGISTER NOW >
Wednesday May 6, 2020 - 10:00am - 11:00am REGISTER NOW >
Program Advisory Team:
Ellen Austin, HR Business Partner, BDC
Diana Caldi, Senior Recruitment Consultant, RBC Insurance
Nicole Jacksic, Senior Manager, Diversity Talent Acquisition, TD Bank
Katerina Belazelkoska, Program Manager, Workplace Communication in Canada (WCC) Program, Ryerson University
Rui Barreto, Assistant Director, Business Development & Client Management Financial Services Training and Certification, Moody's Analytics
Livia Tersigni, Senior Manager, Insurance Institution of Ontario
Nancy Riveria, Senior Education Coordinator, Insurance Institution of Ontario
Sherry Sibio, VP Client Solutions, OTEC
Shehzad Valliani, Senior Product Manager, Cards Solutions & Fraud Management, Everlink
James Lei, Corporate Sales Director, Encore FX
Silvia Caibota, Senior FSR, CIBC
Companies That Have Hired From Our Program:
- TD Bank
- American Express
- CI Financial
Our Graduates Have Been Hired Into The Following Roles:
- Account Manager
- Financial Services Representative
- Personal Banking Officer
- Insurance Advisor
- Customer Service Representative
- Banking Advisor
- Credit Analyst
- Audit Manager
- Financial Advisor
- Risk Analyst
- AML Analyst
For frequently asked questions, please click here.
To learn more about Financial Services Connections, please click here to email the Program Manager or call us at 416.921.1800.